Reflexology is a foot massage technique that involves stimulating the skin under the arch of the foot to stimulate a nerve response in an organ (liver, heart, etc.), a system (blood circulatory system, lymphatic, hormonal), a limb, a vertebra, etc. The areas stimulated are called reflex zones because they send stimuli to the brain.
The areas stimulated are called reflex zones because they send stimuli to the brain. By massaging these zones under your feet, the reflexologist helps you relax and sometimes tone up the central nervous system (= the brain) as well as the autonomic nervous system, i.e. our body’s unconscious functions: digestion, sleep, heart rate…
A reflexology session frees the recipient from stress through deep relaxation. Considering modern medicine recognizes that stress is the cause of over 70% of illnesses today, it’s easy to see why regular foot reflexology sessions are so beneficial.
What is soft foot reflexology?
This innovative reflexology technique was developed by Elske Miles based on the teachings of Chris Stormer. A teacher at the Institut Français de Réflexologie, Elske Miles is the only trainer qualified to teach this valuable technique.
Unlike Chinese and Vietnamese foot reflexology, which involves a very strong, often painful, touch, soft reflexology is characterized by a gentle, painless touch.
Soft foot reflexology is suitable for everyone, from 7 to 120 years old, but is not suitable for pregnant women or people suffering from thrombosis (phlebitis, etc.).
A soft foot reflexology massage is also an opportunity to use essential oils for their comforting fragrance and for their effects on acupuncture points.
Reflexology in my studio
2 options in my studios:
- Relaxing massage: these massages may provide relaxation or a boost of energy depending on your need.
- Professional massage: this massage starts with an interview in order to evaluate what sort of energy imbalance you might experience. The shiatsu protocol will derive from that interview. The session ends with acupressure.
Reflexology at your home
- Relaxing reflexolgy session: this massage provides relaxation but also energy depending on your need.
- Professional reflexology: the session starts with an interview in order to evaluate what sort of energy imbalance you might experience. The shiatsu protocol will derive from that interview ; The session ends with an acupuncture session : moxibustion.
Reflexology at the office
- Amma: 20 mn session. This shiatsu is given on a chair. It allows the client to relax and feel energitised again. It aliviates body and mind tensions. -> Contact me for a quote.
- Guided meditation: group session / 30 min.-> Contact me for a quote.
- Guided relaxation: 30 min. -> Contact me for a quote.
- Do-In: 45 min. -> Contact me for a quote.
- Kototama: 45 min. -> Contact me for a quote.
Reflexology at your hotel
- Shiatsu or Reflexology: these massages induce a relaxing effect.
- Facial reflexology and head massage (20min.)
I have been trained in the use of essential oils by Elske Miles.
Most people can take advantage of their benefits provided they respect strictly the precautions of use.
I can help you find the one that will be the most appropriate for you, according to your needs.
You want to be accompanied!
See the prices or contact me for a quote.